Post Date: March 30, 2018
Location: Portland, OR
Design Space has an immediate opening for a Service Maintenance Technician based out of our Portland, OR office. The Service Maintenance Technician is responsible for physical inspection of mobile office trailers and modular buildings, must recommend repairs in order for the units to meet DSMBI standards, through written correspondence and illustrations to management.
We are a West Coast based mobile office and modular building dealer and the largest independent modular contractor in the Pacific Northwest. DSMBI has locations in all major markets in the Western United States. We have been doing business since 1969 and are one of the most respected companies in our industry. Learn more at www.designspacemodular.com DSMBI is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status or sexual orientation. DSMBI is committed to carrying out and complying with all of its EEO and affirmative action obligations under applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Physical inspection of mobile office trailers and modular buildings. Recommend repairs in order for the units to meet DSMBI standards, through written correspondence and illustrations to Management.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and present themselves to/with DSMBI customers.
- Maintain & organize inventory of repair and parts supplies. Communicate needed supplies and specialty items to Mgmt. Maintain shipping and receiving files as instructed.
- Maintain the building fleet including painting hitches and trailers, placing new signs on trailers & containers, cleaning the units with industrial strength products, and perform minor and major repairs as needed.
- Perform all work at a high level of skill and without or with little instruction
- Troubleshoot and correctly identify maintenance problems/solutions
- Operate service trucks, forklifts, etc. when needed to deliver parts or move equipment, and/or when maintenance of units is required.
- Perform all work in accordance with DSMBI established safety procedures.
- Ensure property, plant, and equipment are properly maintained and secure.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Perform field service calls
- Perform some Preventive Maintenance on mobile & modular offices, containers, steps, etc.
- Perform all work in accordance with established DSMBI safety procedures
- Maintain contact (radio/telephone) with Branch Mgmt. to coordinate service activities
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Requirements, and Performance Expectations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Expert knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, welding, painting, and plumbing
- Strong organizational, time management, customer service and moderate computer skills
- Ability to work independently and be dependable and unsupervised – self starter
- Safe driving record with valid driver’s license and necessary certifications i.e. forklift, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- The employee must be comfortable working outside
- On occasion employee may be required to work overtime.
Compensation & Benefits:
- We offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Medical Insurance through Anthem Blue Cross; plans include a PPO, HMO, & HSA Plan
- FSA Account
- $25,000 in life insurance paid by the company
- PTO the equivalent of 15 days per year and additional based on time of service
- 401K with company match
- Employee Discount Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply, please submit an online application
Design Space Modular Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.