Post Date: March 30, 2018
Location: Sacramento, CA
Design Space is looking to hire a Foreman Service Maintenance Technician for our branch location in Sacramento, CA. The Foreman Service Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring the fleet quality through executing and/or directing all activities related to fleet maintenance, modifications, and site work.
We are a West Coast based mobile office and modular building dealer and the largest independent modular contractor in the Pacific Northwest. DSMBI has locations in all major markets in the Western United States. We have been doing business since 1969 and are one of the most respected companies in our industry. Learn more at www.designspacemodular.com DSMBI is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status or sexual orientation. DSMBI is committed to carrying out and complying with all of its EEO and affirmative action obligations under applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure fleet quality through executing on and/or directing – all activities related to fleet maintenance, modifications, and site work.
- Hands on foreman/lead, responsible for the quality work, productivity, morale and safety of yard/service personnel as directed/assigned by Mgmt.
- Recommend and perform service and repairs to DSMBI standards.
- Effectively communicate and present themselves to/with DSMBI employees, customers, and Mgmt.
- Maintain and organize inventory of repair and parts supplies.
- Perform all work at a high level of skill and without or with little instruction
- Troubleshoot and correctly identify maintenance problems/solutions.
- Operate service trucks, forklifts, etc. when needed to deliver parts or move equipment, as required.
- Perform all work in accordance with DSMBI established safety procedures.
- Ensure property, plant, and equipment are properly maintained and secure.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
Job Requirements, Qualifications, Physical Demands, and Performance Expectations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, welding, painting, and plumbing.
- Strong organizational, time management, customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, with ability/willingness to train & lead others.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable and unsupervised – self-starter.
- Safe driving record with valid driver’s license and necessary certifications i.e. forklift, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors, lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, sit and kneel, and operate machinery.
- Working knowledge with computers, MS Office, Word, Excel, etc.
- Employee may be required to work overtime.
- Travel/Lodging – occasional travel may be required 10-15% of time.
Compensation & Benefits:
- We offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Medical Insurance through Anthem Blue Cross; plans include a PPO, HMO, & HSA Plan
- FSA Account
- $25,000 in life insurance paid by the company
- PTO the equivalent of 15 days per year and additional based on time of service
- 401K with company match
- Employee Discount Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply, please submit an online application
Design Space Modular Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.