Job Title: Service and Maintenance Technician
Post Date: 06/09/16
Location: Portland, OR
Job Description: We are looking for an experienced and responsible Service Maintenance Technician to help fix and maintain our fleet of mobile offices, trailers, and modular buildings at our Portland, OR branch.
- Physical inspection of mobile office trailers and modular buildings. Recommend and perform repairs in order for equipment to meet DSMBI standards.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and present themselves to/with DSMBI customers.
- Maintain & organize inventory of repair and parts supplies. Communicate needed supplies and specialty items to Mgmt. Maintain shipping and receiving files as instructed.
- Maintain the building fleet including painting hitches and trailers, placing new signs on trailers & containers, cleaning the units with industrial strength products, and perform minor and major repairs as needed.
- Perform all work at a high level of skill with little to no instruction
- Troubleshoot and correctly identify maintenance problems and solutions
- Operate service trucks, forklifts, etc. when needed to deliver parts or move equipment, and/or when maintenance of units is required.
- Perform all work in accordance with DSMBI established safety procedures.
- Ensure property, plant, and equipment are properly maintained and secure.
- Other duties as assigned and required.
- Perform field service calls
- Perform some Preventive Maintenance on mobile & modular offices, containers, steps, etc.
- Perform all work in accordance with established DSMBI safety procedures
- Maintain contact (radio/telephone) with Mgmt. to coordinate service activities
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements, Qualifications, Physical Demands, and Performance Expectations:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working knowledge of at least one or more of the following: electrical systems, carpentry, welding, painting, and plumbing
- Strong organizational, time management, customer service skills
- Ability to work independently/unsupervised, reliable and a self-starter
- Safe driving record with valid driver’s license and necessary certifications i.e. forklift, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, squat, kneel, lift and operate machinery
- Employee may be required to work overtime
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer an attractive starting salary and benefits package.
To apply, please submit an online application
Design Space Modular Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.