Post Date: May 27, 2018
Location: Richland, WA
Design Space Modular Buildings, Inc. (DSMBI) is looking to hire a CDL Driver/Maintenance Technician with a Class A license for our branch location in Richland, WA. The Driver/Maintenance Position is responsible for the safe delivery and/or return delivery and set up of storage containers and/or mobile office trailers. This includes periodic repairs, maintenance, and service of DSMBI assets.
We are a West Coast based mobile office and modular building dealer and the largest independent modular contractor in the Pacific Northwest. DSMBI has locations in all major markets in the Western United States. We have been doing business since 1969 and are one of the most respected companies in our industry. Learn more at www.designspacemodular.com DSMBI is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status or sexual orientation. DSMBI is committed to carrying out and complying with all of its EEO and affirmative action obligations under applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Delivery and return delivery and set-up and dismantling of DSMBI assets
- Must be able to effectively communicate with DSMBI customers
- Maintain contact (radio or telephone) with Management/Dispatcher to receive delivery or pickup instructions
- Loading supplies and other set-up material
- Set-up & dismantling of trailers and containers
- Delivery and pick-up of office trailers and containers
- Periodic repair, maintenance, cleaning, and service of DSMBI assets
- Ability to complete (required) vehicle inspection reports, in accordance with DSMBI guidelines
- Daily completion of DOT Hours of Service and/or Mileage Logs
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Physical inspection of mobile office trailers and modular buildings. Recommend and perform repairs in order for equipment to meet DSMBI standards.
- Maintain & organize inventory of repair and parts supplies. Communicate needed supplies and specialty items to Mgmt. Maintain shipping and receiving files as instructed.
- Maintain the building fleet including painting hitches and trailers, placing new signs on trailers & containers, cleaning the units with industrial strength products, and perform minor and major repairs as needed.
- Perform all work at a high level of skill with little to no instruction
- Troubleshoot and correctly identify maintenance problems and solutions
- Operate service trucks, forklifts, etc. when needed to deliver parts or move equipment, and/or when maintenance of units is required.
- Perform all work in accordance with DSMBI established safety procedures.
- Ensure property, plant, and equipment are properly maintained and secure.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have at least 3+ years of hands-on truck/trailer driving experience
- Familiar with required documentation of vehicle and trailer inspections, logs, time cards, etc.
- Safe driving record and valid CDL (Class A)and proven Class A driving experience
- Willingness and ability to set, level and/or dismantle modular/mobile buildings using piers, pads, blocks, anchors, etc.
- Able to pass a DOT physical, or valid exemption set by DOT/DMV regulations if/as required
- Age requirement as set by local, state, and federal requirements
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Comfortable working with hand and power tools
- Must work within established DSMBI and OSHA safety guideline
- Working knowledge of at least one or more of the following: electrical systems, carpentry, welding, painting, and plumbing
Ability to work overtime Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, squat, kneel, lift, and operate machinery. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
Compensation & Benefits:
- We offer a competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Medical Insurance through Anthem Blue Cross; plans include a PPO, HMO, & HSA Plan
- FSA Account
- $25,000 in life insurance paid by the company
- PTO the equivalent of 15 days per year and additional based on time of service
- 401K with company match
- Employee Discount Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply, please submit an online application
Design Space Modular Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.